On this page we provide information about posts available at CARMAH as well as selected programmes for which we especially invite applications. We also welcome applicants who have identified external funding sources – such as Alexander von Humboldt, DFG or EU Marie Curie – for which they wish to apply and would like us to act as host and/or supervisor.
To this end – and as we like to work with the chosen candidates to help ensure the best possible applications – please be sure to provide us with a full cv and outline proposal at least eight weeks (longer during vacation periods) before any deadline. We are also sometimes able to host externally funded visiting researchers, interns or PhD students (the latter usually via the Institute of European Ethnology). We receive many such enquiries and unfortunately can only support those of the highest quality and that have a very good fit with our research aims and profile.
Student Assistant in project CHAPTER
Student assistant position (m/f/d) in the project ‘CHAPTER – Challenging Populist Truth-Making in Europe: The Role of Museums in a Digital ‘Post-Truth’ European Society’, with 40 hours per month at 12,50 €/h (from September/October 2020 for up to 36 months with the option of a 12-month extension)
- Assistance in the VW-project ‘Challenging Populist Truth-Making in Europe’
- Literature research and procurement
- Fieldwork, transcription and coding of interviews
- Preparation of and participation in courses
- Assistance in event organisation
- Support of the international research team in all aspects of the project
- Studies in a discipline pertinent to the job description (European Ethnology, Social and Cultural Anthropology)
- Background in qualitative/ethnographic research
- Skills in the common Office-programs
- Very good German and English language skills
- Skills in pertinent research software
- Strong interest in museum and heritage studies as well as media and digital anthropology
Application Deadline: 13th July 2020
Application Process: To apply for this position, please send your application including CV, letter of motivation, degree certificates to Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Institut für Europäische Ethnologie, Christoph Bareither, Møhrenstraße 41, 10117 Berlin within the deadline (above) with the reference number 30/2020.
A complete application via e-mail to <email@example.com> is preferred.
Please click here to find out more about the project ‘CHAPTER’.
HU is seeking to increase the proportion of women in research and teaching, and specifically encourages qualified female scholars to apply. Severely disabled applicants with equivalent qualifications will be given preferential consideration. People with an immigration background are specifically encouraged to apply. Since we will not return your documents, please submit copies in the application only.
Please visit the HU website in order to access the legally binding German version.